What we’re about
Join our weekday group runs on meetup here.
The Twin City Track Club has many social events each year.
- The New Year’s Day Hangover Hash, The Summer Hash and Splash, Thanksgiving Hash, Patrick’s Day Hash, Halloween Hash, and more.
- Breakfast runs at various venues, run first, then eat.
- We have an annual family picnic in May to elect a new board and celebrate your volunteer efforts.
- The Holiday Party is in December.
- Our Winter Seminar is held in January or February with some fabulously well-known people in the running
The club sponsors several great and unique races each year:
- The first Saturday after New Year’s is The Frosty Fifty, a 50k, a 25k, and a 50k relay, a great event to run or And if you want to get to know people, try the relay. If you have never done a relay, you should give it a try!
- The last Saturday in June is The Ultimate For non-track people, this is a must to get out of your comfort zone and do a race that should be on everyone’s bucket list. If you want to see what it’s all about, come to the summer track series.
- Mid-July each year is The Beat the Heat 5k, a championship experience. Whether you are trying to break 17:00 or 30:00 minutes, you will have plenty of competition and a finish line second to none, lined with cheering spectators to help pull you to the finish.
- The Salem Lake 30k, 7 mile, and 5K trail run offer unique distances, and the 30k is the perfect run before a fall marathon. These races are held in late September.
- Hobby Trails
- $5 5Ks
- Black Friday Relays
The track club offers many volunteer opportunities throughout the year, from volunteering at one of the club races or events to helping clean up an area of our city.