My name is: Jeremy Bush
(But I’m also known as): JBush, JB, The Commissioner
To sum myself up in a nutshell: I’m a happy-go-lucky, easy-going guy who loves life, adventure, and having fun!
and I’m originally from: North Carolina (except for my first two years of life in West Virginia)
I’ve been in Winston-Salem: 25 years
A proud member of Twin City Track Club since:2017
Been a “runner”: 8 years
The longest distance I’ve ever run is: 26.2 miles
Memorable running experiences
- Rave run: Anywhere I travel I try to find somewhere new and exciting to run! I love to run Central Park in NYC!
- Race: Richmond 2019. I’m a student of the marathon and this was a day I felt like I put it all together. I PR’ed (2:53) and finished so strong. It was magical.
- Gone postal run and/or I’d rather forget: September ’16. Navy/Air Force Half. Washington, D.C. Heat, humidity, and trying to run above my fitness level made for a miserable last 3 miles. Ugh.
These are a few of my favorite running things:
- Vice: Bees, bugs, anything dive bombing my head!
- Device: Shoes! I usually have at least six pairs in rotation.
- Advice: Find your purpose in running. Enjoy moving through space. Have fun!
- Running footwear: Nike everything, especially the NEXT% for racing.