Do you feel a little something different in the air? It may be that spring is on the way. It may be that March Madness is upon us. Or it may be that it’s time to register for the 2022 edition of the Twin City Track Club $5K!
Looking back: A few numbers
The 2021 $5K series went very well. Our volunteers were tremendous and the series couldn’t have pulled the races off without their help: Bill Gibbs, Dave Corn, Chris Cutler, Angie Linville, John Griffenhagen, Mack Roebuck, Cameron Wilmoth, Dave Salmon, Amy DeRue, Er Ralston, Dennis McNeil, Heather Huggosson, John Anderson, Alan Tripp, Ashley Esleeck and Ed Flowers.
TCTC hosted 619 athletes over 7 races; an average of 88 runners per race.
Of those 619 athletes:
- 54% male, 46% female
- 60% age 40 or older, 40% younger than 40
- 128 ran in 2 or more races
Of those 128 “repeat” runners:
- 51% male, 49% female
- 57% age 40 or older, 43% less than 40
- 3.87 was the average number of races a “repeat” runner participated in
After the race in October TCTC hosted an “end-of-series” awards party to recognize overall and age-group award winners. Winners were presented with a cobalt blue pint glass.
- Registration will open by March 1 for all races in the series
- Runners will be able to register for all races at one time
- Race day registration will be allowed up to 15 minutes before the start of each race
- “Dynamic bib” assignment will start with the April race
- The minimum number of races to be eligible for prizes will be five races